Sunday, September 4, 2011

More about the flux of "Paleo"

What I was talking about in my earlier post on the changing of paleo seems to not have been as well thought out as I would of liked. Or I just didn't think it through enough.

Anyway, for paleo itself, it should be in some constant state of flux, that it's a guiding set of rules, that can/should be manipulated for each person. No "one size fits all" kind of deal. I feel that the need to learn about ancestral nutrition/health and then base one's nutritional ideas off of that is already a little widespread, but the more it's said, the more it gets spread around.

You could say that I've been reminded to say this after I read the PaleolithicDiet's most recent email, which dealt primarily with warning people in the paleosphere not to get emotionally attached to certain gurus, or ideals. I call these overly emotionally attached people paleotards, primarily because I think it's funny, but it's not very PC. Anyway, I try to check myself against emotional attachment, but sometimes I find myself trying to defend something just because I like the way it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment