Friday, September 30, 2011

Recent visit to the dentist

Before I left for Germany, I went to the dentist for a check-up and cleaning (I've started to think that "polishing" teeth with an abrasive is a bad idea - my paleohacks question). When I went there I got my teeth cleaned, polished, x-rayed, and then later convinced to get some grooves in my teeth filled in, and some weakened enamel repaired with a filling.

The work done is causing me a little grief, and now I'm wishing that I just did what I wanted to do, and assured my dentist that paleo is fine for my teeth, and just make sure to start eating bone broth, get plenty of vitamin D, and leave it alone. Kind of the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of deal.

In short, next year when I go to the dentist, I'll just have my teeth cleaned, maybe polished, and not have any work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment